Saturday, April 05, 2008

Passion

I have learnt that passion can die, be it for someone or for work.
I think I am losing my passion for my work. Reason: I am getting very tired, both physically and mentally by the tactics used by my 'bosses'. I just realized that people may use the 'ignore' tactics when they don't want to commit to a certain decision. But when works are delayed or the result are not forth coming, they will never admit they are the ones who caused the bottle-neck.

Well, it's time that I should remember that my work must not become my idol. I need to give my time to God too, something I have neglected for some time. I need to draw near to Him again.


The above are just my thoughts. so please don't take offense if you are not agree with them... :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Richard said...

I don't think passion dies, it is tested through time. Some things we thought we were passionate about we discover was just a temporary intoxication or distraction. Other times we learn it must be balanced and moderated.

Your only focus should be Truth, everything else comes from Him.

Why the disclaimer? Have you been going around offending people?

 
At Thursday, April 10, 2008 8:26:00 PM, Blogger buzybee said...

Passion can die... a time proven fact! Unless one nver have any passion before. :P


Disclaimer? Just in case people 'throw stone' at me...haha

 
At Friday, April 11, 2008 1:24:00 AM, Blogger Richard said...

I think you are confusing passion with enthusiasm. Maybe I am splitting hairs over definitions.

Don't worry, everybody knows they can only throw stones if they are without sin.

 
At Friday, April 11, 2008 1:32:00 AM, Blogger buzybee said...

Haha.... "without sin", I like that.:)

What is "passion"?

Yahoo reference dictionary gives some of the following definitions:

NOUN:

1. A powerful emotion, such as love, joy, hatred, or anger.

2. 1. Ardent love.
2. Strong sexual desire; lust.
3. The object of such love or desire.

3. 1. Boundless enthusiasm: His skills as a player don't quite match his passion for the game.

2. The object of such enthusiasm: Soccer is her passion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home